It was established in 2012 under SFS mode and as a part of Ajmer Engineering College Society. Its infrastructure is developed under the Tribal Area Development Department (TADD). It is funded by Government of Rajasthan. Initially it has four engineering branches and one MBA program, after two year MBA and B.Tech textile technology were dropped. Therefore at present it has three branches in B.Tech (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering) and each having 60 seats. The good quality teaching, Teachers and dedication of students is the mark return of GEC Banswara. It is situated infront of Mayur Mill at Lodha Village in a very small district as Banswara which located at the corner of the Rajasthan and near to the border of Madhya Pradesh and Gujrat. It is called Cherapunji of Rajasthan and a lush green environment and peace are the Major contribution to the society.
Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College was established in 1948 from donations made by the Birla Education Trust on the behest of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of independent India. The college was inaugurated by Lord Mountbatten, the Governor General of India on 14 June 1948, and rose to prominence under the stewardship of Prof. Junarkar and Prof. K.M. Dholakia. It was one of the first few colleges in India that adopted the progressive credit system of relative grading in India. The college has awarded degrees to over 17,000 graduates, and has its alumni spread across the globe